Organizations?

Hello. I'm new to table top rpg's (was a PC in a few pathfinder games) and decided to buy the Numenera products and GM for a few friends. I'm really enjoying the book, setting, and easy to comprehend rules! My question is this: While reading about the 9th world organizations, I see that members can choose to get the benefit instead of a skill when advancing.

When do PC's join the organization? I've had the core book for about a week now, and I'm still reading and taking notes to formulate our first adventure. But I can't seem to figure this out? Am I missing something somewhere?

Comments

• When the PCs join the organization is really up to both you and them.  One campaign might have the PCs all start affiliated with an organization or multiple ones.  Another will have them not ever being involved with a specific organization.  It all depends on what you want.  If you want all the PCs to begin in the same organization because it's important to the storyline, then do so.  If you want to have the characters join the organization thru a long and arduous process of initiation that will last some time into the game, then do so.