Eight Previous 'worlds'

Do any of the Numenera supplements talk at length or at all about the eight previous world or aeons?

I remember reading the core book that the four previous generations especially left their mark on earth.

Or is it entirely up to the GM's imagination?

Comments

• No, the whole idea is that no-one really knows for sure if there were eight previous worlds (there might have been more or less).
    Someone certainly left their mark - the whole of the Earth is a giant supercontinent; the sun has been tinkered with, Mercury has vanished, the moon wanders through time when it feels like it.

• The setting as a whole is really up to you as a GM.  If you are not comfortable with the idea of that many previous worlds, then there weren't.  And on the other end, who's to say that the world we (you Sylvain, Jester and I) live in is even the first world.  If you look at the setting section of the core book and any of the supplements they are mostly made of ideas and hooks, if you don't care for it then it didn't happen, isn't happening or doesn't exist.  I personally love the existence of the previous worlds, and I don't really care how many of them there were supposed to be.  They give me the ability to throw items about without having to worry about lore or having an explanation for them.  No longer does that healing charm have to be made by some wizard or scientist in a far off land and used by the previous occupant of the tower.  It can simply be previous world tech or dropped by aliens or some other hand-wave bulls**t. 
    But as far as I know all of the supplements and core setting books just mention that the previous worlds happened not what happened during specific eras.  Mostly because most of the inhabitants of the ninth world are not so inclined to do the research and archeology to find out as they are to just use that stuff they find to survive. 
    Sorry, I kinda soap-boxed again.  Hope some of it helped though. 
  • Mostly because most of the inhabitants of the ninth world are not so inclined to do the research and archeology to find out as they are to just use that stuff they find to survive. 
    Probably also because the cultures of those prior worlds are so bugnuts crazy from our perspective, it would be literally impossible for anyone in the Ninth World to understand them.