Calm descriptor and Adept type's Onslaught

Does the physical attack inability of the Calm descriptor affect the Adept type's Onslaught when the energies are used to assail the target's physical form?

Calm descriptor:
Inability: You’re just not a fighter. The difficulty of all physical attacks is increased by one step.

Adept type:
Onslaught (1 Intellect point): You attack a foe within short range using energies that assail either his physical form or his mind. In either case, you must be able to see your target. If the attack is physical, you emit a force blast: a ray of force that inflicts 4 points of damage. If the attack is mental, you focus your mental energy into a mindslice that disrupts the creature’s thought processes, inflicting 2 points of Intellect damage (ignores Armor). Some creatures without minds (such as robots or zombies) might be immune to a mindslice. Action.

Comments

• As a strict interpretation of the RAW, they I would say it does. They key words are Physical Attack. Maybe your nano doesn't like seeing the actual result of their Onslaught; whereas doing a mental attack means they can 'deny it to themselves that it wasn't really them doing the damage."
    Alternatively, maybe your Calm nano really isn't a fighter. They like to think their way out, or be defensive. In this case, maybe they shouldn't be using Onslaught at all.
  • I find that the nanos have a hard time while participating in combat, especially on lower tiers. They don´t have that many options and not the mightpool to enter the thick of the combat so they tend to stand back and use onslaught after onslaught. So why make it even harder for them.
    If you want to stick by the rules I would agree with brass_jester. Maybe you can loosen up the definition of "you don´t like combat so you have a disability concerning attacks" by only giving the PC the disadvantage only when he actively attacks someone, be he does fine if he acts in self-defence.