What Happened?

Why have there been no announcements for the books after "Worlds Numberless and Strange"? I Just picked up the new "Encyclopedia of Impossible Things" and it is amazing! Filled with all sorts of artifact and cypher goodness I can use for ALL of the Cypher System games. But, I didn't learn about it from the MCG crew on here, I learned about it from the DriveThruRPG recommendations. What happened?
Was information about it posted on the other forums?
Did I just miss it?

Comments

• I keep track of upcoming products via MCG's homepage. They seem to release at least a glimmer or two each month, and there are some major releases upcoming in the next couple of months.

I, too, really love the EoIT. There is stuff I there that can be adapted to any setting imaginable.

In case you are relying upon fan sites for info and aren't aware, there is a Kickstarter in progress and running through April 1, if I recall correctly. The core products are three new Cypher System settings, but many stretch goals are being reached, as always.

The first of the settings, Gods of the Fall, is actually nearly finished and will be released in a matter of months.
  • Oi! Legend. Quit it with the logic and the facts. Way to ruin a perfectly good rant. Not to mention, that this rant is almost a month old. Why are you even chiming in when no one else thought it was worth a pixel? Now I'm going to have to find something else to get angry about. Maybe American politics, that's always worth getting angry over, and logic and facts can't ruin that.
  • If you couldn't tell, that was all sarcasm. I do go to the MCG homepage and other sources to find out about the upcoming releases and such, the first post was a dig and rant about the cyphercast people on here not updating since July of last year. 6 months is a long time to be quiet since MCG is putting out things constantly.
  • Yeah, the same problem exists in the Numenera subreddit. The current Kickstarter hasn't been publicized, and I can't even tell you what the last publication to be previewed was. People get busy and lose interest, I guess. It is a bit disappointing, but I get it.

On the old WotC D&D forums, we had a simple solution for things like this. We created a shared screen name with a publicly known sign-on that could be updated by anyone in the community. It was a very robust community, so it worked pretty well. Naturally, we got the relevant thread stickied.

That's not at all helpful to our current situation, really, but it reminded me of those times. I really enjoyed that particular community during that particular era of D&D. Lots of cool personalities were very active in those days.
  • Unfortunately we can never go back, mate.