The Ninth World Content Submission Advice

As you create new foci, numenera, locations, and other game content, The Ninth World is here for you to help provide an easy to reference place for other players to come and find that content in an organized, well structured manner later. We can act as an archive for those creations so that they don't get buried by newer forum threads over time.

We encourage you to use The Hub first to workshop your content, get feedback from other users, and fine-tune the mechanics of it first, and once complete, go to our content submission page and submit it for inclusion on the site.

This will minimize the time spent on editing and error correcting on our end (we try to ensure consistency in presentation and language with submissions, which is a manual process), and help you submit better, well-balanced game resources (you can still edit it after submitting, but The Hub is better setup as a collaboration tool ahead of time). In addition, we also provide a writing style guide to help you plan your content for inclusion on The Ninth World.

The same can also be true for articles. The Hub has an article section available for you to post your own content, but if you'd like to write something more formal and structured, we'd be happy to feature it on The Ninth World, while The Hub's articles can focus on short-form writing, idea sharing and collaboration, or game logs. This is especially true if you'd like to become a regular article author rather than more casual, occasional posts.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. You can either post on this thread, private message me here, use the contact form on The Ninth World, or reach out on Twitter. I'll be happy to talk over any questions, comments, or concerns you have.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

I looked at the submission page but I was not able to see anything that relates to publishing fan fiction. Is there any interest in such material on this website? If not, does anyone know where such material can be published?

Cheers,
    Ansis
  • Fan fiction is something that I've gone back and forth on a lot. The reality is, I'd LOVE to help you share it, if you have some. The thing has been that up until this point, there hasn't been a big enough volume of it for me to commit a piece of the site to it specifically like we have other elements. But I could always incorporate it within the normal posting structure (and do actually have a category for it should that come up).

In the past, I've tried to refer people to The Mechanical Bard for their fiction work. I think @darkliquid is the guy to tap for that. Forgive me if my memory is wrong though, last I seem to recall, they were having some technical issues with accepting new submissions at the moment. I might be wrong, or they may have since resolved that though.

At any rate, if you want to work through TNW for your fiction, just use our contact form and include a link to a Google Doc or such.
  • Thanks for prompt response. I checked The Mechanical Bard and they don't seem to be able to take submissions yet, as you say. If I get my piece organized soon, I will send it on and you can feel free to post (or politely disregard).

Cheers